Friday, April 13, 2007


The Guide Law
Law 01 - A guide is loyal and can be trusted
Law 02 - A guide is useful and help others
Law 03 - A guide is polite, considerate and respect her elders
Law 04 - A guide is friendly and is a sister to all guides
Law 05 - A guide is kind to all living things
Law 06 - A guide is obedient
Law 07 - A guide has courage and is cheerful in all difficulties
Law 08 - A guide takes care of her own possessions and those of others
Law 09 - A guide is thrifty and diligent
Law 10 - A guide is self discipline in what she thinks, says and does


*FYI, I did not refer to the guide handbook when I'm typing the laws. (:*

For all we knew, we have stepped down. I am more of sad than happy. As the 5 of us sat there after dismissal, memories spent in guiding for the past years just flashed back: the time spent together in annual camp, the time when we all gone through hard times together, the songs we sang together, the laughters, the jokes. I may have always complaint about it, but deep down in me, I knew I love guiding. Though it may be very tiring and hectic at times, it seriously had a great impact on me.

It nurtured me; it built up my character. It taught me what giving and sharing are, it allowed me to realise what leadership is all about. It gave me skills like knot tying and also skills like first aid. It taught me how to plan and organise, how to become a better leader. It exposed me to many activities, it allowed me to show my talent. Guiding, whatever it had taught and given me, I will always remember.

Now that it's time for us to leave, I sensed the unwillingness in me. Only today, I then realised that I'm actually so strongly attached to guiding. The usual Friday get together at 1330 in the guides tee and track pants, shouting for every guides to fall in, will no longer happen to the sec 4s anymore. I won't be able to mark the company's attendance again. To summarise, I just don't want to bid goodbye. ):

On top of that, I would certainly like to thank all the guiders. Without them, I wouldn't be able to achieve what I have achieved. They are the ones who guided me through my guiding life. Seniors, thanks for helping me when I'm in doubt. I appreciated all the help given. Juniors, thanks for cheering and making my day. Continue to strive hard and get another PNA Gold next year. With the potential you girls have, I'm sure we're able to do it. Last but not least, thank you all sec 4 guides. The 4 years spent with you girls, I really enjoyed myself. Throughout the years, we really bonded a lot. The friendship and sisterhood we have, I'll cherish. I LOVE ALL MY SISTER GUIDES. =] We are girl guides. :D

This little guiding light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine. (:

8:49 pm
PROFILE

when things just fall
and break up all,
do not cry and fall along too.
stand up and be brave,
and fight all the way through.
even though
it's always so difficult,
remember,
it's always worth
trying a little more.
do not cry too hard
when things just fall.
do not fall too hard
when things just sucks.
smile and you will be alright.

LINKS
Alicia
Henry
Jia Yi
Jolyn
Shaun

TAGBOARD